Our Customer Service department is available to answer any of your questions regarding our product line, placing and returning orders, and special promotions.
Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8:15 AM-4:15 P.M. CST
Moody Publishers Customer Service
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
Email or Fax
Contact an Author
To contact an author, please send e-mail to email@example.com or send a message to:
Author Relations Manager
820 N. LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
Permissions for Using The 5 Love Languages® Quiz/Assessment
Please do not submit a permissions request form asking for permission to use or reproduce The 5 Love Languages® quiz/assessment in any format, whether in print or online; we cannot give permission for these requests. The official quiz/assessment (couples, singles, teens, children) may be taken online at www.5lovelanguages.com, and downloaded/printed for use from there provided it is distributed free of charge and not uploaded online. You may include a link to www.5lovelanguages.com to direct people to the quiz, but you may not upload the quiz to any other site.
Permissions for Making Photocopies
Please do not ask to photocopy large amounts of copyrighted material that is still in print; we cannot give permission for these requests. However, feel free to contact our customer service department (1.800.678.8812 or at: firstname.lastname@example.org), which provides discounts for materials purchased for ministry purposes.
If you want to make photocopies from a Moody Publishers book for a class, Bible study, church group, or Sunday school, you may make up to 30 copies of a single page (or up to 250 words) from a Moody Publishers book provided that all of the following four conditions are met: (1) that it is distributed only within your class or church group, (2) it is distributed free of charge, (3) it is not uploaded online, and (4) the source information (author, book title, publisher, copyright year) is cited/attributed on each copy.
If your desired usage exceeds these limits, fill out the following permissions form, outlining your requests. Please allow up to 4 weeks for a response.
We're glad to serve you in this way. Thank you for your interest in Moody Publishers.
If your request is for use of copyrighted material outside of the United States, please submit your request in writing and e-mail it to email@example.com.
For all media inquiries and review requests, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Examination Copy / Desk Copy
Professors considering a Moody Publishers book for use as a classroom text may request a FREE desk copy. Moody Publishers reserves the right to refuse any examination request. To request an exam copy, please complete this form. There is a limit of one (1) examination copy per title, per professor.
For a complete list of all open positions within Moody Publishers and the other ministries of Moody Bible Institute, please visit the Moody Bible Institute Careers page.
U.S. Trade Accounts
If you are a retailer in the United States and would like to set up a trade account, please contact our sales department at email@example.com.
International Trade Accounts
If you are a retailer located outside of the United States and considering the purchase of Moody Publisher products, please contact our international representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
Moody Publishers Review Policy
Moody Publishers does not accept unsolicited manuscripts in any category unless submitted via:
- a professional literary agent
- an author who has published with us
- an associate from a Moody Bible Institute ministry
- personal contact at a writers conference
Moody Publishers titles are designed to glorify God in content and style. Titles are selected for publication based upon fit with this goal, quality of writing, and potential for market success.
Please do not call our offices with manuscript ideas. Rather, for submissions meeting the criteria detailed above, please have your query sent to:
820 North LaSalle Blvd.
Chicago, IL 60610
All queries should include:
- A brief author biography, including an explanation of your spiritual walk and background, your qualifications to write on the subject (non-fiction), and any previous published writings.
- A one-page book summary or synopsis.
- A detailed table of contents including paragraph summaries for each chapter (non-fiction).
- The introduction and at least two sample chapters.
- The manuscript word count (actual or projected).
- A description of your intended audience, how you envision those readers responding to your message, and how you would see us reaching your audience.
- A one-page overview of competitive titles on the market (books that are similar to or might be compared to yours).
- A listing of potential endorsers for the book.
Manuscripts should be neatly typed and double-spaced on white, letter-sized paper. Grammar, style, and punctuation should follow normal English usage. We use The Chicago Manual of Style (University of Chicago Press) for matters needing clarification.
It is not our policy to return submissions, so be sure to keep the original copy of your work. You or your agent should receive a response to your proposal or manuscript within six weeks of its arrival at Moody Publishers.
How to Get Started
If you are just getting started as an author, here are several ideas to help you move forward:
- Develop a name by writing for periodicals or websites. A portfolio of articles can call attention to your book proposal.
- Consider partnering with a professional literary agent.
- Hone your skills by taking Christian Writers Guild courses (http://www.christianwritersguild.com/).
- Use a manuscript review service, such as The Writer's Edge (P.O. Box 1266, Wheaton, IL 60189) or the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association's online manuscript service (www.ChristianManuscriptSubmissions.com).
- If you know a published author, ask him or her to recommend you.
Join a writers' group in your area. This should bring you closer to other published writers and may find you a sponsoring author