The people of Asia are like anyone else: they want strong marriages and healthy families. That's why the top four Moody Publishers books sold there are by Gary Chapman: The 5 Love Languages®, The 5 Love Languages of Children, Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Got Married, and When Sorry Isn't Enough. Beyond these books from Dr. Chapman, what do you think is the fifth most popular book in Asia? It's Spiritual Leadership by J. Oswald Sanders.
What are the reading trends in Asia? Our overseas partners tell us:
- “In mainland China, Christian readers like theological books and devotional books best, because everyone needs it for their spiritual growth.”
- “In Hong Kong, people like practical books for life, because there are already many theological and devotional books.”
- “In both China and Hong Kong, the purchase trend is mainly paperbacks, rather than e-books.”
- “Korean readers often look to religious books to build their faith, which is why there are steady sales of classic books.”
- “There is also a high demand for children's books since many Christian parents seek to strengthen their children's faith in God.”